Tuesday 19 March 2024

How to use a Secondhand Bookshop.

People who actually buy secondhand books and records, in actual Secondhand Bookstores, with any sort of regularity, want a browsing experience, they want to scour the shelves until something pops out. 

This is what I like to think we provide here at Little Red.  

Of course that doesn't mean you shouldn't ask for that particular book that triggered your shadow crossing our doorway (as long as it's not Orwells "1984"; or "Dune" ..please do not ask me for them ..you won't be the first person that week or even that day...).   

We enjoy helping people find obscure books. I personally love a challenge and will happily hunt around online looking for a title with only the barest of clues...but really that should just be the start of the adventure.  

We are a physical shop, not a list...though I imagine one day we will be only online ..a virtual list floating around the interweb... hmmm...I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that ..it has to be said there are many, many (many) advantages to being online ..but for now, lets just enjoy the chaotic sense of discovery that is an old-fashioned Secondhand Bookstore!!